Department Supervisors customarily work a flexible schedule, requiring both daytime and evening availability and shifts could be scheduled on any day of the week. In addition to being familiar with and able to perform the functions of the majority of other store positions; a Department Supervisor must be able to perform the tasks and responsibilities as outlined in this job description. In the Service Department, Supervisors are responsible for leading the stores efforts at following through on special order and install sales from beginning to end. They ensure that Customers receive both the products they ordered and the services they requested in a timely and accurate manner.
Special Services Supervisors will interact with Vendors, Installers, Associates in the store, trucking/shipping companies and the Customers themselves to ensure that excellent customer service is achieved. They will also be accountable for maintaining several reports (e.g., accountability, install rework, special orders on hand, balance due and the SS/POS discrepancy).
The front end is the last opportunity we have to thank our customers and show them we appreciate their business. In the Front End, Supervisors are accountable to ensure this occurs by carrying out the responsibilities listed in this description as well as holding the Front End Associates accountable to effectively carry out their duties and responsibilities. The Department Supervisor in this area is primarily responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is provided to both external and internal Customers. The Department Supervisor must have thorough knowledge of all policies, procedures and duties related to Customer transactions, cash handling, the service desk and lot. Other key responsibilities include supervising and training Front End Associates (includes Head Cashier, Cashier and Lot Associates), setting clear performance expectations and regularly documenting performance as well as writing and delivering performance feedback. The Department Supervisor provides timely recognition for a job well done maintains adequate coverage through scheduling and ensures excellent customer service for Front End and Service Department operations at all times.
We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
• Leading by example in consistently demonstrating Customer FIRST behaviours and promoting positive Associate morale
• Increasing efficiencies of completing Special Orders and Install tasks, including making outgoing calls to vendors and/or installers to follow up on customer orders
• Following-up on hot Customer issues first (issue that make the hit list) and own the resolution process inside the store to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
• Walking Departments from the Customer Experience perspective daily, ensuring Grand Opening Day readiness, ad execution (per Playbook) and flyer readiness
• Ensuring all Home Depot Standard Operating Procedures and policies in the Code of Conduct are communicated and adhered to by Associates
• Focusing with team on developing one-on-one relationships with PRO customers in order to anticipate trends, drive sales and respond to customer needs
• Supervising Associates and work activity within department(s) of responsibility, including ensuring appropriate departmental staffing levels to meet business needs
• Managing Associate performance through communication of responsibilities and goals, reward and recognition, documenting and evaluating performance, providing informal and formal performance-based feedback, completing Associate Reviews and Performance Appraisals and providing appropriate follow up
• Developing Associates talent by provide input to Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and HR Manager regarding promotion, performance appraisal and/or professional development of Associates in department and conducting interviews for applicants
• Providing Associates with the training, information, tools, coaching, guidance, encouragement and recognition needed to meet expectations and/or take on higher levels of responsibility within store
• Providing floor coverage in department and during power hours. Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with internal and external partners to ensure that merchandise is optimally staged, ordering issues are promptly addressed, etc.
• Communicating store sales, event and promotional activity (Monthly Playbook) through Rallies, regular department meetings a communication binder
• Reviewing and reconcile sales, inventory and other reports as they relate to Key Performance Indicators for assigned department in order to maintain profitability, identify trends, define problems and develop and implement appropriate actions
• Stocking shelves to achieve 100% in-stock and overhead organizational plans, maintain aisle cleanliness and shoppability and signage in coordination with internal partners
• Managing minor resets and cross merchandising as necessary (including wing-stacks, chip-clips and displays), and ensure planogram adherence
• Preparing for yearly inventory. Ensure that all Safety and Asset Protection standards and protocols are clearly communicated and followed, training is completed, proper PPE is available and used, and ensure a safe and clean working and shopping environment is maintained and Associates are held accountable to address unsafe work or customer practices
• May be asked to represent the store as a key carrying/manager-on-duty (e.g., opening and closing store, signing for deliveries and price reductions, handling store level complaints in person or over phone)
Experience/Knowledge Required: The kind of orange we’re looking for will possess:
• Must fulfill Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V1 (or P3 in previous system)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
• Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills